Bullying No Way! Day.
We invite our students and community to wear
orange on Friday 18 March to support
this National day of action. Please note, it is NOT a fundraising day and
students are not required to donate money to wear orange.
The Bullying No Way! Website has lots of information for
parents and some excellent activities for kids, including an app. Please
take the time to have a look https://bullyingnoway.gov.au/forkids
It is important to have an understanding of what bullying
is. Bullying is an ongoing, repeated, targeted
misuse of power by an individual or a group that causes physical and/or
Bullying is NOT:
- A single incident or conflict
- Not liking someone or a single act of rejection
- One-off incidents of meanness
- One-off incidents of aggression or violence
If your child talks to you about bullying:
- Listen calmly and get the full story. Most times,
school staff are in the best position to get the full story.
- Reassure your child.
- Ask your child what they want to do about the problem.
- Visit www.bullyingnoway.gov.au
to find some strategies.
- Contact the school. Working together with the
school is the best way to help your child resolve bullying issues.
- Check in regularly with your child.
We look forward to seeing our students in orange next Friday. Suggestions
include: orange t-shirt, orange hair ties and ribbons, orange socks,
orange wristband etc.