Student Resource Scheme (SRS)
This letter includes important information about the SRS fees and inclusions for the 2023 SRS. If you have previously completed an SRS form, it will be assumed that for the remainder of your child's enrolment at Gilston State School you will continue to participate in the scheme and therefore not need to ever fill out another participation form. If you are a new parent to the school, this information will assist you in making a decision as to whether you wish to participate in the SRS. In future years, parents may opt out of the scheme by completing a new form.
What is provided by the Queensland Government?
The Queensland Government supports children’s education by providing funding for instruction, facilities, and administration. Funding for schools does not extend to individual student resources. The SRS helps parents to source these resources at lower rates due to its bulk buying power. Participating in the SRS also offers a convenient way for parents to source the items that their child needs for school, and ensures that all students have access to the same standard of resources.
The 2022 SRS fee includes student resources, text books, IT subscriptions, classroom photocopying, art and craft materials, consumables for Science / Technology and cooking materials.
What to do next
I would like to participate in the scheme as it represents good value for money
I do not wish to participate in the scheme.
- Choose a payment option
- Pay invoiced amount by due date
*Note: you cannot choose to participate in part of the SRS
- Make appointment with Business Manager
- Source own resources as well as online subscriptions for relevant year level
- pay levies ($90.00)
We are offering the following payment options
If paying full amount payment is due on or before Friday 10 February 2023
- Instalment payments as follows:
- Instalment 1 due Friday 10 February 2023 of $100.00 per student
- Instalment 2 due Friday 24 March 2023 remainder of SRS balance per student
- Centrelink Payment Plan (Centrepay) – if you would like to have a Centrepay payment plan made please call the office 5501 2333
- Regular payment option – weekly or fortnightly small payments are accepted as long as the deposit is made prior to the 11 February, 2023 and full payment made by 24 March 2023 (unless other arrangements have been made).
Internet payments can be made anytime using the following details
Account number: 10012085
Name: Gilston SS General Account
Description: Surname, Initial and SRS or EQ ID and SRS
The payment window is open for cash and credit cards payments on Thursday or Friday mornings from 8:00am till 10:00am during the school term.
Any unpaid invoices, will be managed according to the department’s Debt Management Procedure and may result in the student being excluded from the scheme and/or from participating in extra-curricular activities until payments are made.